|If you have any questions about our services, please email Customer Service or call (866) 455-EXAM.
Functional Capacity Evaluations
Functional Capacity Evaluations are widely utilized by Providers, Insurance Companies and Employers alike as an "objective gauge" in identifying a worker's ability to return to work following an injury as well as a tool to determine permanency. Brookside Consultants, Inc. partners with an experienced panel of physical therapists to ensure a timely, accurate and thorough functional assessment is performed and reported objectively.
Quick References Regarding Functional Capacity Evaluations:
- Requests are accepted via phone, fax, email, or through the secured website
- Utilized to determine the level of safe maximum functional abilities
- Aides in objectively setting restrictions and guidelines for return to work
- Determines if job tasks can be safely performed with modifications
- Performed by NYS licensed physical or occupational therapists
- May only be performed at the point of MMI
- Standardized evaluation tools; normative and interpretative guidelines are attached to the report